Monday, September 10, 2007

Day 12: Light Day, Long Drive

As I kind of expected, the final day was very anticlimactic. Most of the players had gone and most of the dealers had been sent home.

We started the day with a skeleton crew of swing shift dealers and the main core of top dealers who dealt the final table of the Main Event.

For the most part, I spent much of the day waiting around to see if there would be enough players for a final second-chance tournament. I told my DC that since I wanted to drive back to Atlanta on Sunday, that he could let me go any time he wanted.

In the meantime, I shot a few more pictures:


Jim, the super dealer from Houston



Bob and Rachel



Me and Bob


By about 7:00 it was obvious there would be no tournament so I was released!

It took me six hours to drive back to Atlanta and I was frankly glad to have the tournament in my rear-view mirror.